Monday, June 22, 2009

The BIG DAY!!!

It started in the wee hours of the morning. We had to be at the hospital by 5 in the a.m., the surgery was scheduled for 7. My mom was working, she was the baby's nurse, and it was so nice and fun to have her do that. Then after surgery, she got to pamper me and the baby. They had us in the O.R. at 7, and Madalynn was born at 7:16. That so beats the "other" way, of delivery. Everything went well, the doctors were fun, wasn't able to move my legs once I was numb with the spinal. I'm still convinced it's mind over matter, and if I concentrate long and hard enough, I'll be able to move them. It's pretty fun to try.

This is me waiting to go into the O.R.. A little excited, a little nervous, but, more excited.




This is Madalynn's doctor, Dr. Woodward. He is such a neat guy, you can't find doctors nicer or better then him. He has helped us so many times with the other kids, we have bugged him so many times at home, and he is always willing to help. Awesome guy!!

Madalynn scored a 10 on her apgar test, both Woodward and my OBGYN said that is not to terribly common just because of the altitude of where we live. It's apparently very common to see at sea level, but this altitude, not so common. Madalynn looks, and sounds great. Very good to hear.

The stats: Height: 20 inches. Weight: 7lbs, 7ozs. Lt brown hair. Blue eyes. Very calm. Good eater.




Here is mom and baby after all the commotion.




Here are my two older kids, very anxious to see their new baby sister. Allison is very excited, Matthew is "whatever" . Allison is going to be such a big helper, I'm also very excited to watch these two grow up.




Here is the family, except for Dad who is taking the picture. My mother-in-law also got some good shots. Check out her blog: Starr tales. Some of my sweet husband.

The day went good, I'm exhausted, a little sore here and there, but doing really good. I thank my heavenly father for days like this, and for these sweet little blessings.







12 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pics! She's adorable! We're so happy for all of you and can't wait to get out there. Congratulations again and thanks for the call-- it was great!!

    p.s. Allison looks just like a little mom in these pictures holding the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melanie! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {tears} she is so pretty Melanie! I've given the kids all the stats, and they are walking around the house saying "Baby Madalyn, Baby Madalyn . . ." We're all so excited for the new member of this crazy group we call family!!!

    Love you all SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet!! Glad everything went well!! Congratulations!! Enjoy those little newborn cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful and I love her name! You look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!! You look beautiful, and your family is gorgeous. I am so glad everything went so well for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed. I thought I would check your blog, just in case, but didn't expect to find anything yet. You are the woman! (I think it took me 2 months to blog after Bryson!) You and your family look so cute. What a special day!! We love you and are so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new arrival. She is so cute! It was fun reading your blog and "catching up!" You have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-door-able. You look way too good to have just had a c-sec here. Next time, a little less make up, a little messier hair. Make it look a little hard. Ha ha. Great job mom! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so good in these pictures! Madalynn is gorgeous, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man--you are johnny on the spot with the blogging. Way to go!! Looks like everything went pretty smoothly. She is beautiful. I love how you spelled her name. Congratulations guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I kinda skipped past all the gross stuff but, haha. That's so great she is so healthy and everything went well! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete